Maranatha was started in the year 2003 as a home group with the name Paradise Prayer Center. It grew tremendously in numbers to about 30 people, in view of the growth in numbers, the leadership decided to rent a hall to accommodate the rise in numbers where we met every Saturday.
In 2009, through extensive fasting and prayer, the Lord gave us a new name Maranatha meaning ‘THE LORD COMETH’ 1ST Corinthians 16:22. In this ministry we believe, whenever we gather to share the word in the name of our Lord Jesus, the presence of God is within our midst. He comes to set captives free, heal the sick, comfort the lonely and mend the broken hearted.
God has stayed true to His word and His promises concerning this ministry about His children. Every prayer request sent to the throne of Grace has been answered. There have been lots of testimonies as people have received their indefinite leave to remain in the UK, issues of the blood have been healed and barren women have received the fruit of the womb to the Glory of God.
We are blessed to have anointed men and women of God who alongside the father of the house, Reverend Patrick Oware, are ever present to pray you through whatever situation you find yourself in. Maranatha is a Prayer Cathedral where prayer forms the basis of our ministry as we aim to empower people from all walks of life to fulfil their God given destiny. Through the Word and prayer, we aim to raise champions for the end time harvest by embracing the five-fold ministry of Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelists and Pastors.
We would like to invite you to fellowship with Rev. Patrick and other anointed servants of God.
To preach and declare the full Gospel of Jesus Christ and sharing the good news of God and His love throughout all the nations “Go ye into the entire world and preach the gospel to every creature, he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved…” Mark 16:15-16
- To build a church based on the strong foundation of Jesus Christ, His love and unity, focusing on the power of prayer and the mighty works of God.
- To bring communities together to fellowship in love and harmony
- To help believers discover and develop spiritual gifts and talents given to them by God.
- To prepare believers for the coming of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ and to equip them with skills needed for ministry
- To preach the gospel to the spiritually lost and leading them to Christ.
- To reach out to deprived and remote areas, helping the poor and needy by acting as a charity aiding them to a better standard of living with the believe and faith that lives will be saved to the glory of God.
- To create an atmosphere where the confused, the hurting and depressed can come and find love and a piece of mind.
- To build a church to serve the community and society, teaching basic skills needed throughout our everyday lives. Encouraging and raising strong leaders for the future.
- Jesus Christ
- The Holy Spirit
- The Bible
- Healing and Deliverance